TeachMeFinance.com - explain Farm size
Farm size The term 'Farm size ' as it applies to the area of agriculture can be defined as ' Although a standard definition is not available, the most common way to measure farm size is by the value of gross farm sales. USDA defines small farms as those having less than $50,000 in sales annually, representing 73% of the 2.1 million farms counted in 1992. It considers the remaining 27% of all farms (with sales of $50,000 or more) to be commercial farms. Although the 558,000 commercial farms counted in 1992 were a relatively small portion of all farms, they accounted for 88% of gross farm sales'.
About the author
Copyright © 2005-2011 by Mark McCracken, All Rights Reserved. TeachMeFinance.com is an informational website, and should not be used as a substitute for professional medical, legal or financial advice. Information presented at TeachMeFinance.com is provided on an "AS-IS" basis. Please read the disclaimer for details.